is to bring hope to the hopeless! For those mamed by land
and other sources of tragedy, there is little hope. Running
committed to bring justice, peace and resources to all,
especially to those who are victims of war.
countries have no law to protect disabled persons. They have no rights
with respect to health care, education, employment, recreational
activities, independent life, or transportation, among other things.
feel rejected, second class, without respect or value, and have
lost hope for their future
is Running For Hope doing?
- Delivering prosthetics -- Read the Boutros
Wanna story below.
- Delivering other ambulatory aids -- Read about
the 2011 shipment
of walkers and wheel chairs!
is the Running For Hope organization?
It is a non-profit organization 501(c) (3) public charity, established
and incorporated in January 2007 in the state of Wisconsin. It is a
Christian humanitarian endeavor to provide relief for those who are
victims of war. We specifically desire to provide for those in the
third world who have lost limbs as a result of war or land mine
accidents or some other misfortune with the physical, emotional,
mental, social and spiritual assistance needed to regain dignity,
respect and hope. It is a mission to bring hope and relief to the
- Raise funds, to provide artificial limbs
to people who cannot
afford them and especial equipment to improve rehabilitation centers
and gymnasiums for handicaps
- To enable individuals with all types of
disabilities, especially amputees, to participate in mainstream
- To promote personal achievement
- To enhance self esteem and social
- To encourage people from all backgrounds
to go beyond their limits and have fun
- To share stories and listen to other
- To bring awareness of land mines
- To visit schools, organizations and
churches to bring awareness
- To bring the gospel of hope to the nations
- To fellowship, connect and reconcile the
- To put pressure on the governments to
activate the law of access and rights of disabled people and educate
for Boutros Wanna:
was being torn apart by a war
taking place in several sectors of the country as Palestinians and
various political/religious factions engaged in violent battles. This
particular evening, however, Boutros Wanna’s life was about to
be impacted by the chaos surrounding him. His leg was dangling and
bleeding profusely after having been shot.
Prosthetic for Boutros Wanna:
Wanna sits at home with a prosthetic that is not sufficient for more
than basic mobility. Gifts from Running For Hope are
Boutros a suitable new prosthetic leg.
story and the role of Running For Hope in his life.
What can you do to help
- Be a member and a friend of running for hope.
- Sponsor the running for hope.
- Join the running for hope volunteer.
- Organize a fundraising event, such as a picnic,
a garage or rummage sale, a golf outing or some other sporting event
and an awareness rally for running for hope.
- Invite your school and church congregation to
participate in our events.
- Advertise in the media.
- Wear our Running for Hope t-shirt.
- Encourage a friend to participate.
- Join a team to go overseas and visit people who
are victims of landmines
- Pray, Pray, Pray for us.
- Please save a soul. Do something.